Adventure Anyone?

 Want to go on a little adventure with me?

Get ready to move with me!

This might be one of the craziest weeks of my life, so I thought what better time to blog!

Just 24 hours ago, Ben put up a post on the Sea Cliff Facebook page saying that we will be listing our house to sell in the next couple of weeks.  We have been told by several Sea Cliff people that this is how they prefer to sell houses and simply word of mouth will get the house sold.  We thought we would just give them a heads up to get the word going around.  Pretty much immediately Ben started getting messages about the house.  To our surprise, he spent the evening chatting with so many people that he started to have a hard remember who was who. Ben received almost 40 messages about the house.  Some were realtors trying to get our business, some were "I'm sharing this with my cousin who is trying to get in the area" and some were "I've lived in that house!" 

 It was such a blessing to receive such positive feedback about the house and exciting that people were immediately interested.  Also, PRAISE THE LORD I started working on some decluttering and deep cleaning a few weeks ago, because we have a showing in the morning!  And another one the following day.  And 2 more people who want to schedule a time to come look at it.  But we've had a full week and just had a garage sale Saturday, which meant the house was neglected.  So, after church, we all pitched in to clean it up and get things ready.

I have a couple of projects that I intended to do before we showed the house and now I'm debating whether it's worth it or not.

#1. Bleach the kids bathroom floor.

I did this once before company came and it looked really good, but also took me several hours of scrubbing.

#2. Touch up the paint on the kitchen cabinets


I guess instead of doing those big projects, I cleaned the stainless steal and baked some chocolate chip bars to cover up the broccoli smell from dinner.  I'm wondering if the pretty fridge will mask the fact that you can't open the door all the way.


I'm really looking forward to being able to reach my whole arm in the freezer one day.  It's the simple things in life.


So, a few house showings may not seem like that big of deal, but I haven't mentioned that Alison is traveling home late tomorrow night, we are in the last 2 weeks of school and finishing up testing and Ben is traveling and there's music practice and a concert at the beach and oh, yea, Colin's birthday!

The house is ready; just need to fold some laundry.  Groceries are ordered to be delivered tomorrow.  Now, I just need to do some praying over this week, pick up some diet coke and try to not lose my mind keeping this house clean.






No comments:

Post a Comment

The school year has begun