Canceled Plans


Living in the land of flexibility.

We got the house all ready last night, intending that we would just need to pick up a few things this morning and maybe vacuum again, but Ben received a text saying the showing had to be postponed.  At least we're more ready and now just have to stay on top of it.

In theory, we have 2 showings tomorrow and 3 more wanting to schedule something.

Minus the inconvenience, it actually was great for me and we jumped into school.
This is what breaks between subjects looks like:


He is the Beat Saber master :)
Eli sadly got very, very sunburned a week ago while paddleboarding and hasn't worn a shirt since.  Maybe I should be phased by it more, but he's lived a good part of his life shirtless.  

Colin doing his math outside:


These sights just make my heart smile.  I love our days together and I love watching them grow.  I also don't want to miss these moments because I'm so busy working on moving stuff.


Maybe this season is actually really good for me.  I know I need to work on my systems, but I seem to have enough margins in my life that I can get away without tuning them up.  This is going to make me!  I confess that I often think "I'll do that later" and don't completely finish a job.  I do actually finish it later, but I just make later harder for myself.  I know I need to sit in that and figure out why I think that...
actually, as I'm typing this, all of our school books are scattered about the kitchen table.  We're done with school, but I didn't finish the job and clean up.  All that to say, I've spent energy setting up schedules and plans to keep the house running smoothly, but I fail to follow through with the plan for no good reason.  I know that cleaning one room a day a week is a whole lot more manageable than cleaning the entire house  on Saturday...but do I stick to it?  no.  I'm looking forward to this season of tuning up how I think about chores.

My favorite easy, healthy dinner; turmeric honey chicken.  Steam some rice (often I will have cauliflower rice) and throw some green beans in the bottom of an Instant Pot.  Then mix almond flour, turmeric, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.  Dredge chicken through that mixture and place on top of beans.  Then drizzle honey all over the chicken.  Set to manual for 20 minutes and viola! 


I just need 30 more meals like this and my life would be complete.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The school year has begun