To write again

I've had this pull to write again.  


And that sentence has sat open for weeks.  There is something I love about writing and there is something inside that equally holds me back.  It's the same hold that made me stop writing years ago.  I'm still working to unearth that hold...is it simply fear?  is it pride?  is it insecurity?  or a messy mix of them all?

I started this blog 11 years ago; a whole different life ago.  I started it as a place to write for myself but I floundered knowing who my audience was and my purpose in writing.  There are so many things I wish I could say to that girl.  First one would be: don't stop.  Just write.  Let yourself fail and grow and learn.  Let yourself change over the years and be okay with passing seasons.

I've challenged myself to write again and let it be messy and completely imperfect and written to absolutely nobody.  I've challenged myself to write things that I look back on and think "why did I write that?" or maybe even to write something that offends someone.   I might even just put random pictures on every post.

Life has changed so much that my recent pictures are taken in Grand Central Station.  I'm not even sure what my life is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To write again